2024-04-06

Critters in winter

 Click image to enlarge!
Male Fallow deer

Raindeer, probably female
I thought it was a male but it seems that both sexes of reindeer can grow antlers. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reindeer

White-throated dipper
© NF Photo 240406


Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Saturdays Critters 

Follow me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt
NatureFootstep_travelsandbirds


See the sidebar for the latest updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  

8 comments:

  1. A reindeer I have never seen, but I have seen dippers many times and they never fail to delight me. Thanks for these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    Beautiful captures of the deer, they are lovely critters. I also love the Dipper, a beautiful bird.
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though it’s hard to see dippers, we once watched one for ages (like 15 minutes) while he bobbed and dipped in a fast mountain stream. Your photo is great. I also like the reindeer. The females not only have antlers, they lose them later in the season, so an antlered one is more likely to be female.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The deer are just gorgeous with the antlers! You've seen so many neat critters there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've seen some very beautiful winter critters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful photos.
    The reindeer in the second photo is really great to see.
    We call the bird a dipper.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,