2021-05-08

Two, four and six-legged Critters

 Click image to enlarge!
Humble bees in cherry trees.
We have a roundabout traffic area where they planted 100 cherry trees  5 years ago. Lots of flowers but not many humble bees. Maybe they stayed at home where it is cosy and not cold. It actually came a little snow when I was there. 
The top image I created for my cover image on FB. 

Horned grebe! Top row"
I did not see them when I arrived at the ponds. But walking the area further away I saw one pair in  dense bushes. If they nest at that area it will be hard to watch them. There will soon grow a lot of reed and greeary on bushes, hiding them. 

The Common crane, bottom row, seem to have a nest. They might be late. I have seen images with chicks on FB. 


Moose and a common crane.
And this moose was rare. I have not seen any since Sept last year. This is probably a young male! No antlers yet, but the bright hind legs. 


A great day! Not when it comes to numbers, but when it came to species. 
I have a counter that counts my steps, I walked 7640 steps, outdoors, 5348 meters and used, only, 289 kcal. Weird, ain´t it? You walk for hours and use only 290 kcal. 😞


© NF Photo 210507
.

Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Saturdays Critters    IRBB   Mosaic Monday

Follow me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt
NatureFootstep_travelsandbirds
NatureFootstep_birds

See the sidebar for the latest updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  

17 comments:

  1. Hello,

    You did see a great variety of wildlife. I would love seeing all of them, the Horned Grebe, the Common Crane and the Moose is cool. The cherry trees and bee mosaic is beautiful. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually burn about 200 calories on a day I hike and wonder WHAT!!! But that's OK! I feel a lot more fit for sure. LOVE the moose and a crane. How neat to get that photo! And the cherry blossoms are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. Horned grebe and crane are so fantastic birds. Those photos of moose and crane are beautiful.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures of the Horned Grebe. We call it a Slavonian Grebe here, and I was lucky to see one just recently in its summer plumage. Really nice birds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos all...so glad 2, 4, and 6 legs came alive for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great images! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know about those counters/calories. Thing is...all those steps ... Little calories burned, by the time you're done walking, you're hungry!!!

    Love the grebes. As always, an excellent post & much appreciated that you shared it with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A moose and a Common Crane together would make many of us happy! I don't have one of those devices that counts my steps and I don't plan on getting one either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monica - such a fabulous variety of critters today, and I am especially jealous of the moose! Thanks for bringing your menagerie to Mosaic Monday today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those little bees, I try to encourage them into my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photo of the moose. It's a big and fantastic animal. I haven’t seen them many times, and luckily they were in the field. We have a lot of moose crashes with the car.
    Bloom's of cherry tree are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The mooses are fantastisc, there are a wonderful mood in your captures. Thank you for sharing.

    Happy MosaicMonday

    ReplyDelete
  13. Monica, Loved seeing the cranes! Thanks for sharing and have a great week. Sylvia D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing all of these I enjoyed seeing your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,