2021-05-11

What people, drought, bugs and clearings do to nature

 Click image to enlarge!

The devastating two years of droughts and  infected forests.
Because of the droughts the lakes dried out more or less and the blowers was not pollinated. So, the spring birds arriving to my area are out of food! No insects and no seeds. They come, take a look and continue some place else. 
Östra Vingåker, used do be filled with ducks and other waterbirds. Even coots are absent. I guess that might have give room for one pair of Cranes that are breeding right now.

Näsnaren is a bit larger. Here used to be lots of coots and different ducks. Especially when migrating. 
Now ducks are easily counted but the Mute swans are still here. 

The lakes above are the main places where I look for water birds. There were a few others but the 2 years of drought dried some out. Others, wetlands became converted to grow crops and destroyed them. 

Below are a lot of images of clearing forests. They are all around the city. No matter what direction I drive, there are new areas cut down. And they are huge!

This is the same place as above but further away. Cut down every bit of the hillside. 

   




Earlier the row of Oaks was not visible unless you were on the field. 

Even around the Culture place "Vråfolket" where Stone age people used to live, there are huge clearings really destroying the place. 

Lately I really hesitate going out. I´m not happy to find new clearings and no wildlife. So far the Mansion that has the deers seem to survive. But their area is affected also as the deers can´t move as they usually do. And finally, I guess they have to cut down forests too. 

Next year will be as bad as this one. No insects = no seeds= no food 


© NF Photo 210511

Not to forget, The Corona! Does not make it any better. I´m fine though! 
😭

Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
OWT   Random   MCOW

Follow me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt
NatureFootstep_travelsandbirds
NatureFootstep_birds

See the sidebar for the latest updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  

7 comments:

  1. It is a great tragedy that we are decimating the forests in this manner. We never learn from past mistakes, do we? I mourn with you the loss of your birds, pollinators and other wildlife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    It is a shame about the drought and the clear cutting. I feel sorry for the birds and wildlife, the forest used to be their home. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was sad to see and read.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talking pictures about an important thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a terrible shame that we're destroying forests in this way. I share your grief over the loss of birds and wildlife.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is sad to see the forests being felled. I hope we can find a solution for us and those creatures that call the forest home.

    Thanks for being part of 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,