2021-04-24

Critter MM Hare crane swan duck

 Click image to enlarge!
Sometimes I take the "long walk" to my grocery store. Like when it is to bad weather to go to the forest. This day I encountered these two hares in a park like area. The shop is on the other side of the tunnel visible in the shot. There often are one hare there so I was surprised to see two. 



Northern shoveler
A pair of  Northern shoveler arrived in the ponds. I think it is the same pair as last year as they were swimming in the same area as earlier. A bit too far out for my taste. It is hard to get good shots in that distance. I was hoping to see young last year but did not notice any. 


A pair of whooper swans also arrived at the pond. Can I wish for cygnets??


First time I was able to capture six Common cranes in one shot where I live. Usually I only see pairs. And in summer two chicks. 


This is all for today. I have recieved my first Covid vaccine. If you want to see shots, visit the posts before this one. 

Take care everyone, it is cold over here.

© NF Photo 210424

Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Saturdays Critters       IRBB      MM     OWT

Follow me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt
NatureFootstep_travelsandbirds
NatureFootstep_birds

See the sidebar for the latest updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  

21 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Awesome sightings, I would love seeing them all. I like the cute Hares, the Shovelers and the Swans. The Cranes is a neat sighting. Great photos! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your day! Happy Weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello.
    Awesome birds. I like cranes. They are big and spectacular birds.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful selection of wildlife you encountered. I wish I had been with you. Be sure to let us know if the swans breed. Congratulations on getting your shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at them all! I love the cranes. I seldom see them around here. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... I can't honestly say for sure, but I think I favor those cranes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ovenbirds get their name by their oven-shaped nests.

      https://images.app.goo.gl/yYGRmXtPnHPBx7MD7

      Delete
    2. oh, I see, thank you Anni!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful little birds and bunnies...and the big cranes are wonderful. I call them Sandhill Cranes usually, and saw them often in FL, but never here in the mountains...so your sighting is especially appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you got the vaccine. We've had both of ours now! YAY! Love seeing those beautiful Cranes. We saw one this week...just one by itself which is unusual. They are usually in pairs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to see the Whooper Swans. I only get to see them a few times a year if I'm lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Beautiful love the Cranes and the Whooper Swans . Ive never seen whooper Swans .
    Have a great weekend1
    Saun in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Beautiful love the Cranes and the Whooper Swans . Ive never seen whooper Swans .
    Have a great weekend1
    Saun in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for taking time this week to share this post with us birders at IRBB. Very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Monica - love the whooper swans. So elegant. And so many Common Cranes. Fabulous! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing. Lovely captures. I enjoyed reading.
    Have a good week. Stay healthy.

    Happy MosaicMonday

    ReplyDelete
  14. Luv the circles in your mosaic. Happy Monday. I am at #11on the linky today

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lot going on with you on the way to the shop with the bunnies, so beautiful and the other water birds. Magnificent shots !!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That would be rather special to take a wander there & find cygnets one day! Any walk with wildlife is a joy to me as so much of my life is spent in cities. Congrats on your first vaccine.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,