2020-06-20

Coots and grebe

 Click image to enlarge!

Coot on the run - Sprintande sothöna
Not often you are able to get some shots of the coots chase on water. Was lucky this time.





Horned Grebe - Svarthakedopping
Changing of the guard - Vaktombyte


I really was wondering what they were thinking. First a very late point in time for nesting. Chicks should be hatched by now. And then, such a narrow nest on the water surface. The egg is probably in contact with the water. Last year a pair, maybe these two, built a similar nest as this. It was abandoned after a week. I hope this will be more lucky.

© NF Photo 200618 Östra Vingåker

X

Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Saturdays Critters     Bird D´Pot      Nature Notes

Follow me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt
NatureFootstep_travelsandbirds
NatureFootstep_birds

See the sidebar for the latest updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  

14 comments:

  1. I find it so amusing when they walk over the water like this!
    The nest is only built on so little branch and I see an egg as the nests have is impressive again and again!
    These are wonderful shots of these!
    Have a nice weekend, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I hope they get chicks...
    Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, wonderful sightings of the Grebe and Coot. The Horned Grebe is a beautiful bird. Great photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day, have a happy weekend! PS, thanks for the comment and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be a real shame if the grebes fail to breed two years in a row. Perhaps each time the nest was constructed by a pair of young birds nesting for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shots of water birds! Action is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the coot! Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great photos.
    The coot walking over the water is great, I have been trying for years but it always fails.
    Best regards Irma

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the nest is successful this year! Loved 'watching' the coot.


    I want to send along my thanks for your participation this week at IRBB.

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing to see the coot running across the water! Lovely photos of the nesting grebes too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent photos! I really like the Coot "running" on water!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope the nest is OK...that is a worry. but the coot running on the water made me laugh. How lucky to catch that action (to see it at all is fortunate and to capture it by camera even more so!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first photo looks like the duck is walking on water.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That nest is so near the water....

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,