2023-09-09

Volcano Hummingbird

 Click image to enlarge!
Volcano Hummingbird


They are soo  small. This nest could have fit in my palm. 

© NF Photo 110207

In 2011 I visited Costa Rica on a birding tour. It was amazing. So many birds all over the place. 
But, I still remember our guide told us the number of birds had already declined. He showed us a place where they used to have a feeder but it was abanded at that time. 
So, makes me wonder how their situation are today. Can they still welcome tourists for birding trips?? 

Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Saturdays Critters

Follow me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt



See the sidebar for the latest updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful capture! Such a grand name for such a little bird. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hummingbirds are amazing to see, beautiful photos. I hope they are not stressed over the tourist. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen hummingbirds, and your photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet! They are different from ours, who are headed south.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those a super photos Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures are wonderful. Thanks for sharing them. Few people get to see this species because they never make it up to their habitat. I remember my own experience well.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,