2021-06-05

Cranes and ducklings

 Click image to enlarge!
Common crane wit chicks.
This is what I got from the cranes. They managed to hatch two chicks and I could watch them for two days. Now they are out wandering the lands. I have seen the parents but the chicks are still too small and are not visible in the grass. This was a fun experience. 


In another pond close to the one above I was very surprised one day. Lots and lots of 
Mallard chicks and no adult visible. Daycare center???
Well, I did not have to wait long for the answer. A car came and stopped beside me. And a guy
 saying, are you watching them for me?? 

I have talked to him before, he is working on the mansion that keeps the deers. He had released the chicks in the pond the day before and came to watch them and care for them. So, these are not "wild" they were hatched in a barn. There is plenty of room for them as there are very few of the other birds that normally stays there to breed. 

Red-backed shrike - Törnskata
I was lucky to see this beautiful couple on one of my walks. 

© NF Photo 210605

I hope everyone is safe. I have recieved vaccine shot no two earlier this week. So, now I can soon hug my daughter and grandchildren. 
😍

Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Saturdays Critters    IRBB     MM    Our world     MCOW

Follow me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt
NatureFootstep_travelsandbirds
NatureFootstep_birds


See the sidebar for the latest updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  

17 comments:

  1. Hello Monica,
    I would love seeing the Cranes and their cute chicks. That is a lot of Ducklings, I have never heard of people raising Mallards. Awesome shot of the Shrike couple. Great post and photos.
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a great day and a happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all quite wonderful, Monica, and your experience with the cranes is especially rewarding. I understand perfectly when you say that you could watch them all day. But best of all for me is the picture of the male and female Red-backed Shrike together. Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely picture of the shrike couple. Interesting story of domesticated Mallards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazing to see so many young ones. It really does make you wonder! Love the Shrikes too! You had a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pictures. I love the Shrikes, but it's great to see the Cranes too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great feeling to see so many little ones. And those shrike, a most beautiful couple!!
    Thanks for lending the link to this post for us all at IRBB this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing all the babies! So cute. Hope your week is off to a wonderful start!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monica - those crane chicks are amazing. And I am glad the mystery of all the ducklings was solved - I could not have left the site without an answer and confidence that they would be safe! But my goodness, the shrikes take the cake - not one but TWO! Thanks so much for sharing these wonders of nature with all of us at Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely scenes with the cranes , Monica, thank you for sharing.
    Happy MosaicMonday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cranes are really impressive birds! A sandhill crane family has a nest in view of a public park area here, and it's fun to see them. I assume there will be chicks soon.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bravo!!!
    Happy Monday. Luv the pasta dish
    I am at #11 on the linky today


    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you can get closer to your daughter and grandchildren. Your photos are beautiful. Young baby critter time is rewarding to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All your birds are wonderful to see today! It's interesting that the ducklings had no adults around and that they were not raised by ducks! Loving the cranes and shrikes. The male is pretty and the female looks like a sparrow.

    I'm happy you chose to share your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,