2021-01-09

A nice surprise

 Click image to enlarge!
I went to Boda Kvarn to see if the White-throated Dipper was home. 
It was and said Hello!

And then I noticed something red flashing by...... 

a European Robin! - Rödhake. 
Guess if I was happy! This time of year it is supposed to be down south. And I have not seen any robin at all last year. None!
Winter seem to slowly arrive at my location so I hope this little one starts to travel. At least it does not need any passport. :) 

No deers seen for almost two weeks. But yesterday I noticed a tractor with hay balls driving out on a field. So that will be my next search for them. 

Take care everyone. In Sweden the situation has worsened and now we have stronger restrictions. 



© NF Photo 210108

.

Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Saturdays Critters    IRBB

Follow me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt
NatureFootstep_travelsandbirds
NatureFootstep_birds

See the sidebar for the latest updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  

15 comments:

  1. Hello, Monica

    Great sightings of the Dipper and your sweet Robin. They are both beautiful birds and wonderful photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care and stay safe! Have a happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those birds look well fed! I'm hoping to see any kind of robin soon because that means spring has arrived here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad to hear things have worsened there. They are bad here and we are staying either at home or on trails that no one walks. It's been so strange but I know we'll get through it. LOVE the first bird and how neat to see the Robin. I think you WERE happy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a wonderful encounter with two birds that are the very epitome of "cuteness". They are both very appealing indeed. If ever we are able to travel again and I can visit Europe I will seek them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continue being safe from the virus!! And good luck seeing deer!!

    Beautiful birds...I've always said I think the European robins is prettier than American.

    Thanks, as always, your sharing with us birders at IRBB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful. We always welcome the American Robin as spring time is just around the corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely birds. Hope you're staying safe over there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet bird, i love this Robin and Depper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty birds! So sorry to hear things are worse for you over there. Hope all is well (for everyone) soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic image of the Dipper. They are always a joy see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, the beautiful little Robin needs no passport, no Covid test, and no mask to travel! (I might almost be willing to trade places with him for a while ;)). . What a great sighting and photograph for you... and the dipper also

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a positive thing about staying in one's own country, there's still plenty of things to see and do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They're cute and pudgy!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,