2020-10-03

Birdlife a foggy morning

 Click image to enlarge!

Canada goose and Graylag goose gathering on a field in the foggy morning. And, of course I don´t go unnoticed. They took off. 







On the other side of town at the small lakes where there used to be grebes, goose, ducks and coots it is now almost empty. There are still a few mallards and lapwings. And one gray heron. 
This little pond/lake is drying out despite it has been raining. Every time I visit the water level has lowered. On the other side of the road where I stand it is all gone and I can probably walk over if I tried. 

© NF Photo 200929

Take care, stay well

Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Saturday critters     IRBB

Follow me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt
NatureFootstep_travelsandbirds
NatureFootstep_birds

See the sidebar for the latest updates in my blogs.

9 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Love all the geese, ducks and the heron. The last heron image is lovely, looks like a painting. It is sad the pond water is drying up. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Monica! :) I love the geese! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What neat photos with the fog making it look so dreamy. I hope the water level gets up and more birds return. We have the same problem here with some of the small ponds at different times of the year. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photographs are fabulous :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. About two centuries ago :) we lived in Nevada in the flight path of Canadian geese when they migrated. It was spectacular watching an entire flock take off from the ground. Love your foggy photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Impressive photos, I love it when I see and hear the geese or this heron!
    Have a good sunday, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy seeing flocks of geese like this. I wonder, if the level of the water in the pond continues to decline even after rain, whether it is regulated, or perhaps a breach has occurred and the water is draining away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Fog has to be my favorite weather pattern. And then to have birds in the scheme of it all just makes it all the better!! Glorious images. Thanks so much for taking time to share by linking in today at I'd Rather B Birdin'.

    ~Anni

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is sad to know your pond is drying up. Losing water is something this world cannot afford. The geese look pretty in the mist!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,