2020-05-16

The roe deer

 Click image to enlarge!


Roe deer





Roe deer
© NF Photo 200513

I was out for a walk and some fresh air and I wanted to check on some Lily of the valley growing there. It is close to my home and you can walk a path in a circle passing the lake that is behind the rocks in the first three images. Great place for jogging and walking your dog.

This day I saw this young Roe deer. Probably born last year. It was the first one I have seen this year. There used to be lots of them, but not any more. So I was happy to see it. We was walking in the same direction.  The first three images was taken with my cellphone. But then I figured the deer would appear further on crossing the path I was on. So I took my camera out of my backpack and waited. And, I was right. It did come. But that was the last I saw of it. It was heading up to a street with buildings. Not a good place for a young deer.

Take care, stay safe.

Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Saturdays Critters       MCOW

Follow me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt
NatureFootstep_travelsandbirds
NatureFootstep_birds

See the sidebar for the latest updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  

14 comments:

  1. I hope that the young deer went well when he ran there. These are amazing shots to be so close to!
    Have a nice weekend!
    Stay healthy and safe, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. Wonderful serie. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of deer live in our area too -- we saw a family of them while watching birds in the woods. They also love to eat flowers and shrubs in people's gardens, which makes them unpopular.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, love the action shots, seeing the deer running. They are so pretty. The deer around here are so shy, they run off as soon as they see us. Great photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend! Take care and stay safe! PS, thank you for the visit and comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful encounter with a wonderful creature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice captures. Never easy to get these deer on camera. I came across some red deer this morning, but they moved off too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat sighting. I hope it survives! They sure do blend into their surroundings. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You take care too Monica , and stay well! Lovely action shots ... she is such a graceful animal. (And I hope she turned right around before reaching traffic )..... did you find the lilies of the valley ? (A great favorite of mine, but I’ve never seen them “in the wild.l

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sallie. The deer is OK, They are used to traffic. :) It was not much flowers probably too cold lately. :(

      Delete
  10. Beautiful animal. The first thing I noticed was its lack of a tail-- I am accustomed to seeing tails on our deer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos! Glad you were able to photograph the deer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's always a good day when a wait pays off! You got some great shots!

    I am so glad that you took the time to share your world at 'My Corner of the World' this week! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,