2019-11-02

This weeks critters, birds and deers

 Click image to enlarge!
Finally, the Dipper has arrived. This looks like a young one, the plumage is not that dark. I hope it stays and gets some company.  Last year we had three of them. They are fun to watch.

In Lake Näsnaren there used to be thousand of the cots. This year there are, maybe, 150. 😟
I also saw 3 of the   Smews in winter plumage, they too used to be hundreds (salskrake) 😟
Seems there were breeding issues for both species.





Fallow deer buck
© NF Photo 191031

Fallow deer. It seems like it is the time for their rut. The herd was quite stirred. The huge buck was not there when I arrived. He came from behind me and run out in the field scaring the herd a bit and me too. He was clearly checking out some of the does. There was a few younger bucks too. But this was the main one. When he was done checking the does he came back in my direction. I thought he had seen me but luckily he did not. I was sitting in a cairn and quite safe. I did not really want any close contact with those antlers.
This buck is very dark in color so he might be the reason why so many of them tends to be darker every year.
It was a quite exciting day  😀

Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Saturdays Critters   Bird D´Pot   Our World Tuesday

Follow me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt
NatureFootstep_travelsandbirds
NatureFootstep_birds

See the sidebar for the latest updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  

9 comments:

  1. This is a lovely series of images. The buck is very impressive and I think you should be very proud that young men are still chasing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed seeing so many deer, as well as the birds. That is a deer species that I'm not familiar with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't what any close encounter with that buck either!! But he's quite handsome. Hope your birds stay awhile longer.

    We all appreciate your linking in with us at I'd Rather B Birdin this week. Have a super day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always good to see your photographs.
    … and yes, it was quite an exciting day :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    Wow, the deer are awesome. Love the Smew, I would like to see one some day. Great capture of the coots. Sorry, I am late visiting your post. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your critters. I hope you have a happy day and weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,