2018-08-17

Common snipe

 Click image to enlarge!
Common snipe
© NF Photo 180809

Not many birds this strange summer but at least I noticed a few snipes on their way south. One of them were black and white. Perfect for todays meme, right???  :)

Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Weekend in Black and White   Weekend reflection   Bird D´Pot

Follow me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt
NatureFootstep_travelsandbirds

See the sidebar for the latest updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  

20 comments:

  1. Excellent photo! Snipe are fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and its legs disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fine reflections with this interesting bird. The Common Snipe may be common somewhere, but not here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When photographers first had the joy of colour photography they ever imagined that we would revert to black-and-white?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bird, the beak kind of reminds me of that of an oyster catcher.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shot of the Snipe! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard our local Snipe this year, we can usually hear him "winnowing" in the fields next to us-it can be creepy sounding if you don't know what it is as you cannot actually see him do the shallow dives that cause the sound. Great image :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous. I agree, it's been a strange year for birding in my neck of the woods also...thanks for sharing this with us this week at I'd Rather B Birdin'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful shot! Love it in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So good in black and white …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another bird I have never laid eyes on or heard of. Beautiful image!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes -- perfect for the meme and for any bird lover. Beautiful reflection too.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,