2022-07-09

New and old

 Click image to enlarge!
In the pond a lone gadwall and a mallard pair


Not much wildlife over here anymore so I started to search my tavelling days for them 
This is a butterfly from Costa Rica


An osprey!  This one obviously tells a story and I remeber it well. 
I took this image 110812. I was quite new at birding at the time. It is from a location close to my town. I was at a pond, hiding beside a ditch and high reed. Over looking the lake ready with the camera. Then a huge noice scared me and I saw this huge bird right over my face. Instinctly I aimed the camera and actually got a shot. This was the only one as I fell on my back in the process. 
Half a bird, BUT I GOT IT!


© NF Photo 220709 


Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Saturday Critters      IRBB

Follow me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt
NatureFootstep_travelsandbirds
NatureFootstep_birds

See the sidebar for the latest updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  

11 comments:

  1. You will ba able to name this one "The Flat-bellied Osprey". Maybe it's a new and rare species!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you photographed the osprey.
    That you fell on your back is less fun.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. Wonderful photos. A nice story from the early days of birding.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Monica,:=) The butterfly from Cost Rica is beautiful, cute ducks and I enjoyed the story behind the half an image of a large Osprey.:=) A close up of half an Osprey is better than none.:=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, rally enjoyed your photos this morning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty funny. Love your half a bird story and photo. What an exciting experience! The butterfly is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That butterfly is stunning. Lol...I enjoyed your 1st birding experience with the osprey!!
    Thank you for choosing to participate at I'd Rather B Birdin' this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,