2022-01-15

Winter wildlife

 Click image to enlarge!
Fallow deer in the snowy forest

Whitetailed seaeagle over my head

Images above from Klastorp Mansion
Below, images from Djulö Kvarn.

One White throated dipper finally back

I think this is an Otter. If I am right it is only the second one I have seen in Sweden. This was taken with the longest lens I can use. I would not have seen it if it was not swimming and disturb the pattern of the waves. 


And the hungry crowd! Mallards.
 
As soon as a car stops in the parking area they all comes walking and flying. Surrounding the car. To get out of the car I have to move the birds with my boots. Gently walk between them. 
This day I was happy to see the dipper coming back. I hope it will stay now. And maybe there will be one at the other place they usually visit. Which is a better place for taken shots of it. Anyway. I am happy it is here. 

Leaving the plase is a challenge also. The mallards are still surrounding the car. Even sitting below it. You have to start driving VERY slowly so they realise they have to move! I´m always afraid some will be stuck by the wheels. 


© NF Photo 220115 
.

Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Saturdays Critters  IRBB    MM

Follow me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt
NatureFootstep_travelsandbirds
NatureFootstep_birds

See the sidebar for the latest updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  

17 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Wow, these are all awesome wildlife photos. I love the shot of the deer and the Sea Eagle. neat sighting of the Dipper. The ducks around your feet look cute, what a crowd. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first shot of the stag in the snow is a classic illustration of winter in the wild. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello ,:=) The first image is stunning, how majestic the Stag looks, and it's unreal the amount of Mallards you see surrounding your car. They must be hungry and waiting for a handout! Great sighting of the Sea Eagle, and the Otter.
    Have a nice weekend, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great to see the otter...one of my favorite animals. I loved an exhibit of them at an aquarium. Of course they weren't as happy as one in the wild. Oh yes, those mallards are definitely impeding your movement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The swimming creature, although it might be an otter, looks more like a mink to me -- in either case congratulations on getting the photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo Monica. I wondered what that animal on the water's edge was. Yes, it is probably an otter. I'm not sure what other animals like you have in Sweden. But I do love these photos. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Mallards sure look pretty with the snowy background and I love that big beautiful deer! WOW....what a sight! I'm glad you are able to get out even in the winter weather! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such magnificent wildlife! Could that creature in the water be a muskrat or beaver? So many mallards! It looks like they are hoping you have food for them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mallards’ colour stands out in the snow. The first image is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful pictures of the animals and birds.
    The mallards seem very hungry.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always, enjoyed your photos and narrative.
    How exciting of the return of the dipper ...thanks for linking in this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember as a child having mallards mobbing us when we were trying to eat at a picnic table. Quite fun for us kids. Very nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bello ciervo y linda nutria. Me dio pena los patitos con frio . Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful day. I thank you for sharing it!! The mallards may be common (and greedy) but the crowd of them makes a wonderful picture. And to see the otter and the rare dipper back again is great. You got a beautiful flight shot of the sea eagle and that magnificent stag. Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful wildlife photos, especially the first one. Mallards are everywhere, and really assert themselves, don't they? I just wrote a post about them, and looked up the vast number of places where they live.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful images. Loved the eagle one. Thanks.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,