2021-09-11

Two and fourlegged critters

 Click image to enlarge!
Top image: A fallow deer buck I met the other day. He was alone and unknown to me. I was able to take only these shots before he noticed me and took off. Not to be seen again. It is soon the time for rut so he might roam the forests for females. After the harvest and cutting down forest the deers are invisible. Hiding somewhere I don´t know. I inserted the image of the antler to show how sharp they are. Like a huge saw! This time I was glad they are Escape animals, animals that flee from their enemies, such as deer.

Bottom row the images I got of moose lately. I posted them before. The family was seen from my car. I was lucky to get that shot before they disappeared into the forest. The lone one was seen a few days later. 



Top row: a dancing, juvenile magpie. This one has a blue mark behing his eye. That is a mark for African magpies. So, are the african ones moving north?? Who knows?
The next one is a Grey wagtail, female. At this place there has been a couple, but I have not seen any young so they probably did not succeed breeding 😞
Bottom: I like to see swimming birds in this light. They form the beautiful V-shaped waves. Female Mallard!


© NF Photo 210911

.

Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Saturday Critters     IRBB    Mosaic Monday 

Follow me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt
NatureFootstep_travelsandbirds
NatureFootstep_birds

See the sidebar for the latest updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  

12 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I love the moose, they are cool to see. The Fallow deer are pretty. I like the Magpie and Wagtail and the cute Mallards. Great photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend. PS, thanks for the visit and comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful shots. You capture nature very well. Right now we are travelling in Atlantic Canada where moose are a hazard on the highway, and there are signs cautioning drivers to be on the alert. So far we have not seen one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Magpie sure is a beautiful bird and one I've never seen. Love all of your critters too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello :=) Those antlers sure are impressive, and great captures of the buck. Love the dancing Magpie image,and also the grey wagtail. I saw one the other day but "hey ho," couldn't get a decent shot of it. Have a great Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bellas fotografías adore los ciervos te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful bird collage and great seeing the deer!
    Visiting here with you and finding what feathered friends you see is always a great experience! Thanks for linking in with us at I'd Rather B Birdin'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adventure, nearby to stay. Thank you for sharing.

    Happy MosaicMonday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monica - so jealous that you saw a family of three moose, but I will take your post as a consolation prize! So glad to have you at Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never seen a dancing magpie. Usually here they are quite territorial birds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely mosiac, all birds yup.

    much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous shots!

    I always enjoy your nature photos.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,