2021-08-07

Critters outfit

 Click image to enlarge!
The top butterflies are Wall brown and Red Admiral
Times are really changing. The empty pond I shared earlier are now visited be some early migratiing birds. In this pond I have never before seen Canada goose. Only greylag ones. So, in that image you see Canadgoose, Coot Whopperswans and a Northern Lapwing.
The 4th image. I thought it was cool to have a hard time seeing the juvenile gull on the dry asphalt. Perfectly camouflaged.
😁


Regarding the last post I think I have to explain the outfit. 
Noone of these outfits are for beauty, display or chilly days. 
They are used to protect the horses from flies, moscitoes and nasty  twin-lobed deerflies. We have two kinds of the latter one. Both agressive to anyone. Also people. They have bitten me several times this 
summer and it hurts!
When I was a child and we were out in the field harvesting, it was our job to protect the horses from bites. 
So, they are protecting the horses, but summer is no time to get beautiful horse pictures. 

Take care everyone. Enjoy your weekend. 

© NF Photo 210807

.

Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Saturdays Critters     Mosaic Monday


Follow me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt
NatureFootstep_travelsandbirds
NatureFootstep_birds

See the sidebar for the latest updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  

18 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Love the mosaic, beautiful butterflies. It is great you saw the Canada Geese with the swans. Nice shot of the Gull. The horses are pretty, those flies are awful. We have them here too, the bite does hurt. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post! Take care, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am quite sure that you are very honoured to receive a visit from CANADA Geese! As for the deer flies, they are a pesky nuisance here too and when they bite they HURT! I am glad that the horses have some level of protection from them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those deer flies are very nasty Monica, I got bit on the neck this summer. They need to be extinct lol...I'm sure I'll get nasty comments for thinking that lol! ;) Love the horse photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them all and enjoyed them very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I think, why can’t we collectively concentrate on getting rid of these nasty flies and mosquitoes, just like we are trying to get rid of the pandemic by universal vaccination. I enjoyed seeing your butterflies and the gull.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bellos caballitos. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful collage.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  8. The deer flies and horse flies have been terrible here this year. And they will bite over and over again. Love that gull that blends in to his background! And the Red Admiral is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monica - the Red Admiral is well-named - very regal! The horses are beautiful even with their head covers and other protection. When camping, I am often swatting at horse flies - they do hurt when they bite - but they are also slow and easy to hit! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know the deer flies, they are terrible.

    Nice Butterflies, Monica. Happy MosaicMonday

    ReplyDelete
  12. The horses in lovely mosaics. HappyMonday. I am at #16 of the linky today

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  13. Summer flies are so annoying over Summer, we get alot of the big blowflies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did kind of wonder about why the horse blankets in the summer and your explanation makes perfect sense and I should have thought of it (we have "horseflies" around here too.). ... Lovely pond pictures in the first collage and that gull -- honestly one might almost step on it, he blends in to the sidewalk so well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful selection of photographs and mosaics.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,