2021-06-19

Banded demoiselle

 Click image to enlarge!

Lunchtime

Banded demoiselle - Blåbandad Jungfruslända

© NF Photo 210617

It has been too warm to be out looking for critters. But I went to Djulö Kvarn, an old mill, where there are a small waterfall in earlier days used for the mill. 
There have been two kinds of Demoiselle flying there. But the last two years they have been gone. Now, to my surprise I spotted one male of the banded one. Now I hope more will turn up. I took a video and share it below. Not the best one ever as it is hard to catch that small one, but it is visible and the video shows the place. A place I enjoy! It is shot with my phone, so a bit wobbly. 


Banded demoiselle, male at Djulö Kvarn

Today I will take my sister for her second vaccin shot. But it is hot so after that I will go back home. 

Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Saturdays Critters     Mosaic Monday


Follow me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt
NatureFootstep_travelsandbirds
NatureFootstep_birds

See the sidebar for the latest updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  

12 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Great captures of the banded Damselfly. The waterfall sounds loud, I enjoyed the video and photos.
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the photographs and the video of the damselfly. Great job. Our equivalent here is Ebony Jewelwing of which there is an abundance during the warm days of summer. Maybe we can do a trade so that we get enjoy both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shots of the damselfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very hot and humid here so we aren't out as much either. I love the dainty dragonfly! And what a pretty blue color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monica - great news that the dragonfly has returned! Super shots! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We call any dragonfly 'battymamselle' (in everyday talk) here in Trinidad and Tobago
    happy Monday

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are perfect and I don’t know how you do it! They are so fast and flitty . What a beautiful damselfly it is. Sorry about the heat, glad you are vaccinated (I am assuming you are also, as well as your sister).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool photos. I got my first dose yesterday at least, my fault I mucked around a bit much.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,