2021-05-29

Flooded

 Click image to enlarge!
Not sure what the H-k I am doing today. Obviously! 

Thie week started off quite good. I found a Godleneye with chicks and a Coot with two chicks. 
The dragonflies are starting to fly, but this one looks different in some way. I can´t ID it. 
The deer in the images are the same. In the first image you only see the dark ones upper head. They were resting in a very wet field. We had a rainstorm the day before the images was taken and I was walking in, here and there, 15 cm deep water on the field. It was flooded everywhere. 
At first I did not see the crane as the nest was empty, but later on the creane was back so I think the eggs made it. 
The swifts had arrived and had a great time catching whatever bugs was flying over the water. I did not get any good shots of them but this silhouette was good enough to use. 
I hope you like my crazy Mosaic today. I am very frustrated. 

Below is what happened to a place, Kvismare Bird Observatory, I usually to visit a couple of times every season. I have to drive 1.5h to get there. It is a great place for birding and wildlife.  It is now compelately flooded. In the article they say the waterlevel rised around 1meter. And still rising. The problem with this area is that it is inland and don´t have good connetions with larger lakes. So, it will take a long time for the waterlevel to lower.  😭

"Disaster in Kvismaren!
We have got an insane amount of rain the last couple of days, and the water levels in the area have raised with almost a meter. This has of course ruined all ongoing breedings in the area. Let's just hope that the water levels goes down fast so some species might have a chance of a successful second brood."

Photo from their FB site! The images is only a part of the area of the Observatory. 

© NF Photo 210528

Take care everyone!

Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Saturdays Critters    Mosaic Monday

Follow me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt
NatureFootstep_travelsandbirds
NatureFootstep_birds


See the sidebar for the latest updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  

11 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I am sorry to hear about the flood, I hope the water is receding. Your mosaic is pretty, I love the ducklings and cute Coots chicks. Great captures of the deer and dragonfly. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend. PS, thank you for your visit and comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. Huge flood. Hopefully the nesting of the birds will not be completely ruined.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mosaic looks terrific. I am sure that Angie will be delighted. It is sad to hear of the flooding at Kvismaren. It will need to recede soon for the birds still to have a chance at breeding. Let us know how it progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are extremely dry right now and our grass is burned up! Love the beautiful deer you see and the mosaic is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure could use some of your rain - great mosaic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monica - sorry to see this flooding. Yes, it often means that eggs are floating and all the promised young are lost. A tragedy. If this was "natural", we could accept it. But often these days, these events have been worsened by climate change. Sigh. I did enjoy your mosaic above - thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday twice this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the floodinh subsides quickly Monica
    You gave us a nice mosaic. Happy Monday

    Much🌷love


    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sad news when nature affects nature in this way, sorry to hear the breeding season has been so affected and that you have lost a place you love to visit, hope the floods dry up soon.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems like everywhere there is always either too much rain or not enough rain -- it is so seldom the perfect amount. Your collage is lovely. How nice to spot the goledeneyes

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to see more dragonflies here, we dont' see nearly enough of them.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,