2020-08-15

Critters this week

 Click image to enlarge!

Eurasian teal, female or juvenile. Probably juvenile. 
This is actually strange. This is the first time I have seen them breed in this lake. They have increased in numbers the past 3 years. I have not seen any young so they must have been well hidden in the reed. 
When most other species decrease in numbers this one seem to thrive. If I understand this right. 
😏


I noticed there was something in this shrubbery I could not see what so I took 2 shots. 
It is Common snipe. And seem to be at least 10 of them. Now I have something to do, if they stay that is!


A pair of Essex skipper - Mindre tåtelsmygare

Vagrant darter - Tegelröd ängstrollslända

As the butterflies are decreasing in numbers the dragonflies to be "as usual". I see much more dragonflies then butterflies. 


I guess the feathers "left the building" 

American Avocet for you Eileen. Do you recognize it? 
I painted it with watercolor pencils and a cotton swab 😊

© NF Photo 200815 
.

Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Saturdays Critters



See the sidebar for the latest updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful painted picture of this bird!
    The photos are so pretty from Birds and the feathers!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Monica
    I love your Avocet watercolor, well done. It is beautiful. I am also happy to see the Snipes, they are a favorite of mine. Great shot of the Eurasian Teal, the Skippers are pretty and love the dragonfly capture. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend. PS, thank you for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspect those snipe will stay for a few days so you may have other opportunities to photograph them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your art is fantastic! Watercolors are so beautiful to use for birds. I need to do some art this weekend and feel some creativity. I'm pleased that you are seeing more birds in the areas there and how about those feathers! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos and I love your art work too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monica!!! How did I not know about this blog??? I guess I have too much going on in my brain lol...I started to follow Saturday Critters and here I am!!! As usual, your photography blows me away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful water birds , beautiful photos and a great gift for Eileen.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,