2020-06-06

Mute Swan family at Lake Hjälmaren

 Click image to enlarge!

I share only a Mute swan family today!







Mute swan - Knölsvan
© NF Photo 200602 at Lake Hjälmaren, Sweden

This day I was very lucky. When I arrived at the camp/beach I saw the Mute swan family on the other side of the of the bay. They slowly came closer to where I stood. But a man went into the water to swim and one parent, dad?, tried to scare him off. But did not attack. I spent time on the beach waiting. They moved toward the tip of the cape. And I went to the point where I would come close to them. At first dad snorted at me, but then figured I was harmless and I was accepted.  I was able to follow them around the cape. I was following them for about an hour and a half.

I was happy. It was the first time in many years I was able to come this close to a swan family.
💖😄

Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Saturdays Critters     Bird D´Pot     Nature Notes

Follow me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt
NatureFootstep_travelsandbirds
NatureFootstep_birds

See the sidebar for the latest updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  

16 comments:

  1. They are large, powerful birds, and dedicated parents too. There is much in swans that could be emulated by humans to their advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    The swans are beautiful and I love seeing their young. The family images are adorable.
    I have heard the swans hiss or snort, they sounded mean. Wonderful series of photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great weekend. PS, thanks for the visit and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The swans are so sweet!!! fantastic photos!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing a swan family is very special! I know you were happy to be there with your camera at hand. I love seeing up close how soft and fuzzy the little ones are! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful serie. Mute swans are so beautiful birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what lovely photos of swans and cygnets...they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous photographs of the swans and cygnets … just wonderful :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute little swan family. Those fuzzy babies almost make you want to pick them up and cuddle one. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm happy you were able to get close to the family too. Beautiful.
    You sharing this post with us at I'd Rather B Birdin this week is much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to see so many young ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos, and so many little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    So glad you got close enough for these Awesome shots.
    Thanks for sharing...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely photos, the cygnets are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I can relate to your happiness. The swan family is beautiful and you have done a brilliant work in capturing them.

    I looked up as to why they are called mute. Apparently they are much less vocal :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are such devoted parents...lovely photos

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,