2020-03-14

Only two legged ones

 Click image to enlarge!
A pair of Razorbills - Tordmule
I think the world needs some love these days. This is a photo from Scotland that I visited in  120626

The first Common Cranes has arrived. You can hear their call all over the landscape.

 The greylag goose has been here a week or two, the coots arrived this week. Already full of mating energy.

Gadwall - Snatterand
We had three Gadwall males overwintering. But now females has arrived. But this couple probably arrived together.

I hope these ponds keep the water for the summer so the birds will stay. Two years in a row they dried out, but it looks good so far this year.

© NF Photo 200313

I hope everyone stays safe in Corona times. I for one are happy to see birds arrive, will keep me busy in sad times.


Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Saturdays Critters     Bird D´Pot

Follow me on Instagram:
NatureFootstep_Myworld
NatureFootstep_PhotoArt
NatureFootstep_travelsandbirds
NatureFootstep_birds

See the sidebar for the latest updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  

11 comments:

  1. Hello, I am glad you got out to see the birds, enjoy the fresh air. I hope the water stays there, for the birds. Love the Razorbill, they are cool birds. The Cranes are beautiful, great captures of the Geese and Gadwall. Wonderful photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend! PS, thank you for the visit and comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the water stays too. We've had some of our low areas dry up lately and sure do miss the birds we saw there. Love hearing those Cranes when they fly overhead! We heard some this week too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the joyful birds, I'm pleased that they are surrounding our own nests as we hunker down for isolated (quarantines) weeks ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A joy to see your photographs.
    Have a great weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great birds here. Love the Razzorbills, and the Cranes. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these are great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great images all, especially the Razorbills. Looks like the Coronvirus may make it impossible for us to take pictures outside for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness...such unique birds those razorbills are. Ya, I hope the ponds will remain full for you AND the birds. Thanks for linking in at I'd Rather B Birdin'. Stay safe and well during this time of global health crisis.

    ~aka Anni @ I'd Rather B Birdin'

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,