2017-01-16

Trolle Träsk ruin

 Click image to enlarge!








Trolle Träsk  ruin
© NF Photo 170113

Translated the name of this place, Trolle Träsk, is The Troll Swamp. A man named Porse Geet owned it in the 1300th century. It was built in a swamp to be safe from war. The stone walls are one meter thick.

To get there you have to walk 500 m in the forest. Last 200 m you walk on a narrow boardwalk in the swamp. The lake is Djulö lake where I used to paddle a lot.

Linking up with the following memes. My thanks to the hosts:
Our World Tuesday

See the sidebar for the last updates in my blogs.
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  ,

11 comments:

  1. Stone walls from so long ago -- what tales they could tell if they could speak.... beautiful with the snow. And I am so impressed that you walked to them in that weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photos looks beautiful. Snow on the stone looks awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so fresh and clean...beautiful! Would make lovely cards or even a jigsaw puzzle! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting and beautiful! I like the name. I am sure it is a place full of legends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our snow melted quite a bit today. I'm so disappointed.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog,